Saturday, March 6, 2010

Change

Major change is coming.  I don't know when and I don't know exactly what.  It scares me more than anyone can imagine.

But I know God is there. I couldn't sleep. So at 2:20 a.m. I went to my computer, and there is a plea for help from someone who understands, posted only a few moments before. And at 2:30 a.m. I found her number, and I called her and we cried together. Our situations are different, I am more than twice her age, but our situations are also much the same and oh so confusing.

I asked her to tell me what was going on first. I could have spoken the same words she said, "Why me? Why has God done this to me?" And then she said some wise things for someone her age, maybe us, because God knew that it had to be someone, and knew that we could handle it and had something to learn from it.

I agree.  But that doesn't make it any easier.

Prayers are welcome. We will figure it out.