Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Gay Trains

Out of the mouth of babes. Here is a definition of the word "gay" from a 6-year-old (in 2002).

Evan blogged today about Rosie O'Donnell and provided this link, on which I found this quote, which I thought was awesome, so I had to share it.



“A few months ago, my son, Parker, had a play date with a friend from soccer. His friend asked, “Why do you have two mommies?” He said, “They’re gay. Ever hear of it?” and his friend said, “No.” Parker said, “You know the Thomas the Tank engine toys, how they all connect by magnets. And there is always that train that won’t connect to the other ones and you have to find another train that won’t connect to any of the other ones and then those two trains connect? Those two trains are totally gay.”


Rosie O’Donnell, interviewed on NBC’s “The Colin Quinn Show,” March 19, reported by the Washington Blade, a newspaper for homosexuals, March 29, 2002. The Blade describes the above quotation as O’Donnell “discussing how her son taught her about diversity.”

1 comment:

The Lead Singer said...

Ha! That's brilliant! Very cute.

Thanks for sharing.

I love your blog by the way. It' wonderful. I admire you. I was married to a woman a couple of years ago. It's such an interesting perspective to have on marriage. I commend you for your courage.