Sunday, April 4, 2010

Conference Report 2

I loved, loved, loved Elder Uchtdorf's talk today. We are Christ's hands, and so therefore we must show unconditional love toward all of God's children. It is not our place to judge anyone.

...Love...

The topic of an upcoming blog post that has been in limbo for 2 weeks...

Didn't take notes through the rest of conference, slept through some more of it this morning (oops! That is what I get for being awake until 2 a.m.)

But overall, I loved it. The gospel is true, we can all make it through adversity, parents and others who work with children and youth can step it up in really helping them to learn the gospel and make good choices, we can let the atonement work in our lives.

I am inspired to be more hopeful, to be a better mom, to serve and love and forgive. Oh, and to download a free geneology app for my iPhone tomorrow (one day only!).  :)

Don't forget to vote in the baby-naming poll! (see left side of blog page)

3 comments:

Grant Kellie said...

Elder Uchtdorf's talk was one of the best conference talks I've ever heard. It seemed to be the kind of pure "love one another" sermon that I wish we heard more of...and saying that I enjoyed a General Conference talk is a big deal for me...Usually I avoid conference like the plague.

Sarah said...

Then I am really glad you were listening, Grant. It was definitely a breath of fresh air for me, especially in contrast to Elder Oaks' talk from 6 months ago.

John Gustav-Wrathall said...

The last couple of conferences I have always been uplifted by the first presidency talks... Pres. Monson, Pres. Eyring, Pres. Uchtdorf. They seem to be sticking to these most basic principles of the gospel in the topics they typically choose to address...