Saturday, September 20, 2008

Thank You for the Music

Sorry about that last post. Sometimes I start to over-think things, and it gets the best of me.

Fortunately, during my day of depression today, I had a couple of hours of joy that gave me some energy to come home and deal with the kids and Saturday chores. Scott took me to see "Mama Mia" which I have been wanting to see all summer. Although I am a little young for ABBA, my older sister exposed me to it at an early age. So, romantic movie and all, my spirits soared as I sang along and enjoyed the show. As the credits rolled, they played the song "Thank you for the Music." And so tonight, I am grateful for music, for making me think, for making me feel--sometimes sad, sometimes happy.
So I say
Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy theyre bringing
Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me.

No comments: