Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Disclaimer

It has come to my attention that my presence in this blogging community may be keeping some of you from letting your blog be the venting experience that you need it to be for fear that I am probably reading. While I admit that I am branching out and reading more blogs than I used to, I do not quite fit in (for obvious reasons) and so some of the blog posts intrigue me more than others. I tend to skim them, and if there is anything I don't want to read about closely, I don't. Also, those of you whose blogs I do read, I know what makes you who you are, at least to an extent (I am married to one of you, after all) and I do not judge you for your thoughts and feelings.

I hope that you understand what I am trying to say. Participating in this community has been great for me, and some of you have expressed that you like having me here. I hope that this is really true.

All I can say is please be yourselves and don't worry about offending me or wondering what I might think of you. I really have learned so much from all of you, and I think that is part of the reason that I am so understanding of Scott, so thank you.

If any of you would feel better if you knew that I was not reading your blog, then please email me or Dichotomy and let me know. I will not be offended, and please trust that I will honor your request.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know...I love having you here. I think it's great. Although I am not married, I would think that you would give hope to some of the married men that their wives can be a support to them and that there can be open communication.

I've loved your perspective and your example. You and Dichotomy have made me briefly wonder if the whole marriage thing wouldn't have worked out for me after all. Although, I don't know I'd want to risk it...you're one of a kind and Dichotomy's got you!

Philip said...

I will admit I was one of those concerned about you reading some of my posts on my blog.

However, I have always appreciated your blog and your posts on other blogs.

Thank you for addressing my concerns and letting me know that there is no need to be concerned.

Regards,
Philip

Sarah said...

You are welcome, Philip. I promise that nothing you have said has ever made me uncomfortable. I value your opinion. You always have so much to offer.

Thanks to all of you for making me feel so welcome and worthwhile.

Beck said...

DIP: May I say that you are most certainly welcome here. I encouraged you to be here and you've added much to the dialog and our shared experience as you've opened up and presented a new perspective on being in a MOM.

Sometimes I do say things on my blog that I would wonder if I would say to you in person - remember that my blog is only one aspect of who I am and is used for self-therapy with thoughts and passions and feelings that don't get expressed in any other form - so as long as you're okay with that, then I'm okay as well.