Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Gift of Friendship


At our party Saturday night we received a heartfelt gift from a Moho friend: a glass angel and a framed letter/poem that brought me to tears.  As I read it, nothing else in that moment mattered: not my temple recommend, my anguish over what to do about church attendance, my worries for my children and family, my morning sickness, truck to sell, bills to pay, house to clean or papers to grade. In that moment, I knew that I had been following the right path all along, that I didn't need to doubt it or be angry with others who don't understand it.  I understand it and I know it is right and that is all that matters.  The only people I need to be accountable to are my Heavenly Father and myself.

I hope this friend doesn't mind if I share it...

Scott and Sarah,

This letter and little glass angel is a reminder of what you mean to so many of us. So many of us look at you and see true angels.  You have opened your home and your hearts to all of us.  You let complete strangers in and love them like you have known them your whole life. I want to say I love you and I know that many other young men and women feel the same.  Every time I walk into your home I feel the spirit of love, compassion and family.  Thank you so much for being my friends.

When I have no one to turn to
And I am feeling kind of low,
When there is no one to talk to
And nowhere I want to go
I search deep within myself
It is the love inside my heart
That lets me know my Angels are there
Even though we are miles apart.

A smile then appears upon my face
And the sun begins to shine.
I hear a voice, so soft and sweet
Saying, 'Everything will be just fine'
It may seem that I am alone
But I am never by myself at all.
Whenever I need my Angels near
All I have to do is call.

An Angel's love is always true
On that you can depend.
They will always stand behind you
And will always be your friend.
Through darkest housr and brightest days
Our Angels see us through
They smile when we are happy,
And will cry when we are blue...

Thanks for being my Angel my friend
I will be there for you until the end.

 Thank you, UTMOHO.  You just don't know how much you and everyone else mean to us. I will always cherish this gift and your friendship.

2 comments:

Frank Lee Scarlet said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful gift. You really are an angel for so many of us.
Love ya!

Jenz said...

I agree. You are an angel. I hope this new year brings you whatever your heart desires.