These are the things I have not been doing very well or at all the past month:
- Cleaning the clutter in my room, off my desk, etc.
- Laundry (especially folding and putting away)
- Updating finances
- Reading blogs
- Reaching out to friends by email that I have not heard from in a while.
- Yardwork: checking on the garden and picking produce, weeding, keeping the dead flowers trimmed back, watering the flowers on the porch, mowing the lawn.
- Planning and making dinner.
- Getting enough sleep.
- Desiring intimacy. I want to want it, but I don't. Does that make sense? And Scott doesn't usually instigate anything, which is normal for us.
Anyway, on with my lists:
Here are things I like to do in the summer that I have not done at all:
- Reading novels.
- Updating family blog and scrapbooks.
- Sewing, knitting and other crafts.
- Taking the kids to the library.
- Hiking. (I cherish memories of hiking every year of my life growing up to the lakes near Brighton, like Catherine, Mary, Twin Lakes, etc.--I feel bad that my children will not have those same memories!)
- Going to the temple/taking my daughter to do baptisms at the temple.
So I guess I haven't done nothing....
Here is mostly what I do all day:
- Playing Animal Crossing and/or watching my kids play Animal Crossing or other video games.
- Yelling at my kids to do their chores when I am not doing my own.
- Helping my children only when necessary.
- Shopping when necessary.
- Sitting around feeling blah and thinking about all of the things I should be doing, and about the fact that school starts again in less than a month.
- Every summer I spend some time being lazy out of necessity to recover from a busy school year. Last summer I spent time processing Scott's gayness. I guess there is still some of that to do, and will be for a long time, if not for the rest of my life.
- The accident involving Scott's nephew 4 weeks ago was really hard on me and threw me into some rough emotional spouts that I have not yet recovered from, even though he is doing just fine.
- Church stress, specifically with regards to the bishop's attitude.
- The good moho friend that we lost and I blame myself for. (Yesterday I overheard my 11 year old saying to the other kids, "We can never watch Wall-E or Hello Dolly again because that will remind us of [insert name] and we will probably never see him again.")
Meanwhile, Scott and/or Hidden: are we ever going to motivate each other to exercise? And Scott, is there anything you can do to help me with getting enough sleep? I am rather hopeless at the moment...